3 skin types that need more sun care
Although several types of skin are distinguished, only some of them are more sensitive to the sun’s rays, so they need more care to avoid burns. What is it about?
Enjoying the sun in summer is part of the ritual of the season. Therefore, any type of skin is exposed to receive the sun’s rays. However, there are some sensitive dermis that need more care, so we suggest you learn about the three most delicate skin types against the sun’s rays.
The type of skin is highly conditioned by genetics; According to a study published by Pigment Cell Research , melanin levels are closely related to skin color .
A study published in 2008 by the Biomédica magazine explains that skin types according to color are measured by the Fitzpatrick scale, which distinguishes six phototypes. Skin types 1, 2 and 3 are characteristic of white and Caucasian people. On the other hand, type 4, 5 and 6 skins refer to brown and colored skin.
The skin deserves exhaustive care
One of the most important functions of the skin is to provide protection against the external environment . Likewise, it contributes to the mission of regulating body temperature and protecting the body from the sun’s rays .
In summer, you should protect your skin and use sunscreen with the most appropriate factor in your case, as recommended by the Spanish Association of Medicines and Health Products .
Regarding this, it is important to know first that type 1, 2 and 3 skins are more sensitive to the sun’s rays . Next, we detail how to protect them from the sun.
Phototype I: very fair skin
This type of skin is characteristic of people with very light skin, often redheads, blue eyes and freckles on the body . In these cases, as a publication in the Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprology explains , prolonged exposure to sunlight can cause severe burns in the dermis, because melanin is weak and the level of penetration is greater.
The tanning of these people presents with red marks on the dermis and the healing process of sunburn can be painful. The face and back are the most sensitive parts of this type of skin, because the sun’s rays reach the epidermis directly.
- If you have a very fair complexion and you have this type of skin, you should be more careful and use sunscreen before exposing yourself to the sun. Anyway, it is best to avoid sunlight as much as possible.
- The protection factor of the sunscreen will be the highest , to avoid burns and dry skin.
Phototype II: fair skin
White people with blue eyes and blond hair are the ones that generally present phototype II in the skin; they also tend to have freckles , according to the study cited in the previous point. Even when exposed to the sun is little, they absorb the sun’s rays quickly and this can cause burns and pigmentation.
As with the previous phototype, red marks caused by the sun’s rays are produced. However, the healing process, in this case, will be faster.
- This type of skin should protect the body using sunscreen and accessories for the summer.
- The protection factor of the sunscreen must also be high . If you are blonde and have this type of skin, avoid exposing yourself directly to the sun and take care of yourself.
Phototype III: Caucasian skin
People with this type of skin are usually white with dark hair . They are not used to receiving exposure to sunlight and are sensitive to radiation.
- This phototype burns moderately, compared to types I and II . This is due to the constant production of melanin and skin structure, in addition to other factors linked to the distribution of melanosomes, according to a study published in the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology .
- Burns in Caucasians are mild, but they should still be protected with sunscreen.
Recommendations for skin types I, II and III
If you belong to any of the aforementioned groups, keep in mind these keys offered by the aforementioned AEMPS publication to be able to enjoy the sun without problems:
- Use sunscreen on the face and extremities of the body . The sunscreen factor should be high, and it should be even higher for the face.
- Do not expose yourself to the sun’s rays in the hours of greatest radiation . From 10 AM to 4 PM are the hours when the sun’s rays are most intense.
- Apply sunscreen constantly. Every two hours, apply cream and moisturize the skin. Also repeat the application if you have sweated or been submerged in water.
- Use accessories such as sunglasses and hats, to prevent the sun’s rays from directly reaching the skin of the face.
- Constantly moisturize the skin and consume plenty of water.
All skin types deserve care
If you already know your skin type, with these precautions you can enjoy the summer without major difficulties. Keep in mind that, in addition to having a hard time and ruining your free time, sunburns can lead to much more serious complications.
Finally, a good recommendation is to consult with the dermatologist about the most advisable products for your particular case, especially if you have a sensitive dermis. Protect your skin from the sun’s rays, and enjoy the sun without burning yourself!
You can read more 3 methods for hair removal in the intimate area