5 ideal foods to cleanse the colon
A healthy diet and the consumption of enough water throughout the day are the most important points to maintain a clean and well-functioning colon.
Do you know what may be the best foods to cleanse the colon? We give you a hint: they are rich in fiber and water. Below we will explain why and much more.
The colon ─also known as the large intestine─ has a length of 150 centimeters and is the last organ of the digestive system. Without a good diet, it can become resentful and present difficulties in fulfilling its functions. This can lead to constipation, irritation and inflammation of this organ.
For this reason, it is important to increase the consumption of healthy foods that help clean it effectively , thus eliminating its ailments. If you want to know which are the perfect foods to cleanse the colon, in this article you will find the answer. Do not miss it!
1. The apple
The apple is one of the best sources of fiber to cleanse the colon. In fact, it has been highlighted as a digestive fruit, since its fiber content helps treat problems such as constipation.
According to a study published in 2016 , the pectin contained in apples modulates the intestinal microbiota and, in turn, decreases the risk of obesity.
- 2 glasses of water (400 ml).
- 1 apple of any color
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds (10 g).
- 1 tablespoon of flaxseeds (10 g).
- Optional: 1 teaspoon of honey (5 g).
- Soak the flaxseeds along with the chia seeds in water for 6 hours.
- Wash the apple and cut it into pieces, removing the seeds.
- Pour the seeds together with the water in a blender.
- Add the apple and honey.
- Blend for 1 minute.
- Transfer it to a jug.
- Let rest for 3 hours in the fridge.
- You can consume one or two glasses of this preparation on an empty stomach for 1 week.
Celery is a food rich in water and fiber, which also contains other nutrients ─although in smaller quantities─ such as vitamins A, B and C, potassium, phosphorus, calcium and fiber. These components make it one of the best cleansers for the body, capable of cleaning the colon.
In addition, its antioxidants are key to fighting the production of free radicals, according to research conducted in the Journal of Evidence Based Complementary & Alternative Medicine .
- 2 carrots.
- 1 branch of celery.
- 2 glasses of water (400 ml).
- 1 tablespoon of flax seeds (10 g).
- Wash the celery and carrots to remove any traces of dirt they may have.
- Chop the celery and carrots into small pieces.
- Crush the flax seeds in a bowl until they become a powder.
- Insert all the ingredients into a blender and process them until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Put the mixture in a jug and let it rest for 40 minutes.
- Drink between 1 and 2 glasses of this natural juice every morning with breakfast for 5 days.
Papaya is a tropical fruit rich in sugars, fiber and papain. This enzyme that not only helps the natural digestion of food, also achieves the following:
- Promotes gastrointestinal movement.
- Restores constipation and diarrhea problems.
- Contributes to the health of the intestinal microbiota .
- ½ papaya.
- 1 yogurt (125 g).
- 2 tablespoons of honey (25 g).
- Separate the papaya from its shell, remove the seeds and cut it into small pieces.
- Put the papaya pieces in a bowl and add the yogurt and honey.
- Consume this dessert once a day for 1 week to cleanse the colon naturally.
Oats ─also known as “cereal oats”─ are an excellent source of fiber, which makes them ideal for cleansing the colon naturally. The experts from the Spanish Nutrition Foundation indicate the following:
It is a source of low-cost protein and has a high fiber content (…) As for micronutrients, oats have a high content of iron, magnesium, zinc, phosphorus, thiamine (vitamin B1), vitamin B6 and folates, as well to be a source of potassium and vitamin E.
5. The avocado
Similarly, the avocado or avocado contains enormous amounts of vitamin K, folic acid, vitamin B and omega 3 fatty acids . These components are not only capable of cleaning the colon, they can also regulate and protect the microbiota or intestinal flora , which helps to have good digestion.
They are lipids with anti-inflammatory capacity, according to a study published in the journal Biochemical Society Transactions, which is useful when it comes to fighting transit and systemic problems.
- 1 avocado.
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar (20 ml).
- Cut the avocado in half and remove the seed.
- Separate the avocado from the shell, put it in a bowl and mash it with a fork.
- Next, add the apple oil.
- Stir until both are perfectly mixed.
- Consume this mixture with soda crackers, at least 3 times a week.
Water, another great ally for the colon
Although it is not considered a food, water is the best ally for the proper functioning of the whole organism. When consuming water:
- We regulate body temperature.
- We hydrate every part of the body.
- We purify the clogged waste.
For these reasons, for intestinal cleansing and healing processes, water is extremely important. If you suffer from intestinal problems, it is vitally important that you consume enough of it on a daily basis. From 4 glasses.
Improve the diet to care for and clean the colon
By adding these foods to your diet as a supplement, you will be able to control colon problems very easily. But if you feel ailments in this organ, it is very important that you do not forget to see a doctor so that he can indicate the treatment that you should follow.
you can read more about 4 avocado masks that your skin and hair need